LE COQ SPORTIF L'EROICA
Accept the Challenge; Demanding roads, dust or mud. Enjoy the ability to suffer.
L'Eroica is a period cyclosportive rally for riders and collectors of classic racing bicycles built before circa 1987.
Celebrating both Italian culture and the heroic times of bike racing it is based in the 'Tuscan Hills' surrounding Beechworth. Modeled on the hugely popular L'Eroica event held in Tuscany it is not a race but an opportunity for riders to experience the rugged conditions; gravel roads, punctures and minimal support that was the lot of racers in the era of 'heroic' road racing.
The event is for classic racing bicycles built pre circa 1987; steel lugged frames without clipless pedals, aero brake levers, click shift and etc. you get the idea. No carbon, no MTB's, no hybrids. Classic handmade bicycles post 1987 would be considered by the organisers.
Riders are requested to enhance the spirit of the event by wearing cycling attire appropriate to the age of their bicycle. Modern MATT finish lycra knicks and replica jerseys are good alternatives.
'Strada Bianche L'Eroica'
The Le coq sportif L'Eroica is a 68km (tbc) ride on pre-1987 bikes taking in the epic unmade roads of the area, the strada bianche. Coppi, Bartali and Saronni would all be at home on these roads, and equally at home enjoying the unique aid station offerings of red wine, cheese, salami and prosciutto on crusty bread! No sports science here!
Date: Saturday, 29 March 2014
Time: 12:30pm – 5:30pm
Distance: 68km (tbc)
Location: Beechworth’s extended gourmet regions
- Supported ride including medical and mechanical support, aid stations.
- Event kit includes: event bag (varies with event), sponsor product, ride guide, nutrition product, spot prizes and more
- Official Event Program
- Secure bike parking during post-event party
- Beyond Blue fundraising page
- Every entry to the event includes a contribution to bikeTREEs, so you are riding to grow a forest! bikeTREES is proud to partner with Landcare who are Australia's leading non-government organisation in land restoration and tree planting.